Swiss Orthopedic Co., Inc. is seeking a motivated candidate for a full time
position as Prosthetic/Orthotic Technician.
The Orthotic Technician supports the Orthotist in providing care to patients with disabling conditions of
the limbs and spine by fabricating orthoses and their components. Under the guidance and consultation
with our Prosthetist Orthotist, the technician fabricates the orthoses to provide maximum fit, function,
cosmetics and workmanship. The technician also repairs and maintains the orthotic and prosthetic
● Perform fabrication and repair of orthotic and/or prosthetic devices, according to Company quality
and quantity standards.
● Perform ordering and receiving and other inventory tasks as assigned.
● Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
● Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations;
compliance with blood borne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
● Contact vendors to order orthotic fabrication materials and maintain inventory of items used
during fabrication process.
● Maintain manufacturing equipment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
● Knowledge and hand skills needed to fabricate and repair prostheses (artificial limbs) and
orthoses (orthopedic braces) according to patient measurements, casts and in compliance with a
● Mechanical ability and hand-eye coordination to use laboratory tools safely and effectively.
● Effective organizational, time management and planning skills.
● Good interpersonal and verbal skills for communicating with others.
● Ability to work effectively as a team member.
● Must be able to lift 25lbs.
● One year experience as P&O technician is preferred. additional training will be provided. The
candidate must also be a team player and have the ability to meet productivity standards along
with maintaining quality.
● Health Insurance/ Reasonable life insurance option/ Dental
● Vacation and year end bonus after 6 month of employment
● Paid vacation
● 40hr/week Mo-Fri
● Retirement plan
● Paid continuing education
● Work in a friendly work environment